IPv6 Task Force
I’ve joined forces with a group of local IPv6 experts at local Hackerspace, SkullSpace, to form an IPv6 Task Force. This is a really fantastic group of dedicated, well rounded individuals, all working together for a common goal – to raise awareness about IPv6.
We’ve been meeting casually, every week or two over the past month and a half to discuss what we would like to accomplish. Over the past weekend we got together for a mini hackathon style event to finally get some infrastructure online! We can do more than just ping across a link now, and not be denied by ACL!
- Raise awareness about IPv6 in general
- Demo: Real world, IPv6 only, business oriented
- Whitepapers/Presentations on experiences from setting up the demo
- Must be readable by CxO’s, they need the convincing
Progress So Far
- VM Server installed at colocation facility
- Firewall installed in front of VM Server
- Remote Office IPv6 enabled
- ACLs in place between locations
- Connectivity up between Colo and Remote Office